ADSM-L

Re: Recovering SP node to Standalone RS6000

2002-05-02 13:06:55
Subject: Re: Recovering SP node to Standalone RS6000
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:06:50 -0400
Do you have a tape drive physically attached to the SP node?
If so then you can do fairly easily.  If not then I think you need
AIX Sysback to make a mksysb to a remote tape.  You can't make
a mksysb image to disk and then copy that image to tape - it's
not a bootable image.

David Longo

>>> bill.jolley AT EDS DOT COM 05/02/02 12:50PM >>>
Here is what I need to accomplish or would like to.  Create a mksysb of the
SP Node, copy the image to media.  At the recovery site, I will need to
restore this image to the standalone rs6000. I do not know if this is
possible even if I use the cloning process.