ADSM-L

Re: Network Tuning

2002-04-28 09:16:40
Subject: Re: Network Tuning
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:36:44 +0300
TSM does not have settings for traffic shaping. But knowing which ports
are used by TSM (usually 1500 for data transfers) you can set accordingly
your routers in WAN environment. For LAN environment I expect you would
like to have maximum performance for backups and either use SAN or set-up
a dedicated "backup LAN" segment as Miles pointed.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant