ADSM-L

Re: Network Tuning

2002-04-26 15:51:55
Subject: Re: Network Tuning
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:51:39 -0500
Not really what you want but: if you don't TSM to use all the bandwidth, get an
additional interface. This is a good idea anyway. Having a 'backup' network is
very handy.

Miles

-------------------
Miles Purdy
Miles Purdy
System Manager
Farm Income Programs Directorate
Winnipeg, MB, CA
purdym AT fipd.gc DOT ca
ph: (204) 984-1602 fax: (204) 983-7557

"If you hold a UNIX shell up to your ear, can you hear the C?"
----------------------
>>> paul_ward AT HSBC DOT CA 26-Apr-02 1:55:11 PM >>>
>>> paul_ward AT HSBC DOT CA 26-Apr-02 1:55:11 PM >>>
Hi all

I am fairly new to TSM and I am not sure how network tuning is to be done
in the TSM 4.2.1 environment. My current problem is that I want to be able
to ensure that TSM does not use anymore than say 30 percent of the total
bandwidth. Is there anyone that could give me some help or an idea of where
to look through the manuals or what settings need to be changed.

thanks in advance

Paul