ADSM-L

Re: 3583 with San Data Gateway

2002-04-25 14:50:27
Subject: Re: 3583 with San Data Gateway
From: Hunny Kershaw <hunnychka AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:48:55 -0700
The issue with adsmscsi doesn't recognize the Non-IBM LTO drives as LTO on
the management console has been fixed in 4.2.1.11. This problem doesn't
apply to IBM LTO drives.

Adsmscsi does not support the IBM LTO drives (3580) and therefore \\.\tapex
you see is the correct device name. And the device type on the MMC would be
GENERIC instead of LTO.

However, for the library (3583) on Win2K, you have 2 driver options -
adsmscsi or IBM driver. With the IBM driver, you should see \\.\changerx
whereas with adsmscsi, you will see lbx.x.x.x. Which device driver are you
using for the library? The element addresses for the drives depend on which
driver controls the library.

Hunny Kershaw
Internet Address: hunnychka AT us.ibm DOT com
Tivoli Storage Manager - Device Driver Development
Tel (408) 256-2828, T/L 276-2828

Quality Policy = "Commit to Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Continual
Improvement"

                      Bill Boyer
                      <bill.boyer@VERIZ        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      ON.NET>                  cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: 3583 with San Data
Gateway
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      04/24/2002 12:03
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

They show up a GEN_DRIVE where? The TSMSCSI devices screen on the MMC
console? OR when you DEF DRIVE them ) to TSM? There was an issue with the
TSMSCSI driver not recognizing the drives as LTO, but they define correctly
to TSM. You can also issue 'SHOW LIBRARY' in an admin session to display
the
device capabilities and such. I use this to make sure that TSM is
communicating with the drives/library.

Maybe the TSM Device Driver in the 4.2.2.0 maintenance level has the 'fix'.
We got a special release from developement back in January when I did a
client install on W2K and LTO.

 Bill