ADSM-L

Re: 3583 with San Data Gateway

2002-04-23 15:46:46
Subject: Re: 3583 with San Data Gateway
From: Anthony Wong <awong AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:45:15 -0700
>>1. The windows device manager always shows an exclamation mark next to
the SDG (Will not properly recognise it or configure it).

This is normal as long as you can see SCSI device attached to that SDG .

>>2. When trying to configure the drives and library into TSM, it will not
work using the Windows 2000 element addressing but rather the generic
addressing. This subsequently causes checkin libvol to fail (I think!)

1. Need to use adsm device driver "adsmscsi.sys" , go to service and make
sure adsm device driver started by system or before start dsmserver.

  ***TSM server do not support using generic device driver on SDG attached
device or local attached device on NTx ***

2. Need to use ADSM server utility to get the elements addressing, go to
device information to get the element addressing.

again, unload all windows device drivers and ONLY load SCSI device drive
for ALL devices(libraries) in San Data Gateway.

never use generic device driver come with windows or device FOR TSM
OPERATION UNLESS YOU ARE DOING "RESTORE local BACKUPSET FROM SDG"

Thanks and hope it help!! ^_^

Tivoli Storage Management Function Verification Test , FVT Automation
Project Lead
Office:408-256-3312 Home:650-757-1661 Cell:415-218-7880 AIM:smartbluewong
Dept Y0LA /Bldg 050-3 / Office 3A64
IBM SSG Division 46

John <rs6000 AT BTINTERNET DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 04/23/2002 11:55:00 AM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>