ADSM-L

Re: 3494 library swap out.

2002-04-11 21:44:38
Subject: Re: 3494 library swap out.
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:44:50 -0400
I guess different people like different tools...I'm a command-line bigot.

The idea of turning a list of volumes into a script is a very good idea.
Here's a unix-ified way to do it for those who will, maybe faster:

1. Obtain a list of volumes (or stgpools, or...) into a file, say,
"/tmp/vols"
2. cat /tmp/vols | awk '{print "checkout libv library_name $1 checkl=no
rem=no"}' >/tmp/macro
                                      vol name is here ----^^
3. dsmadmc -id=... -pas=... -itemcommit macro /tmp/macro
                itemcommit means if one line fails, don't roll back the whole
script

Not trying to one-up you, Tab - people more comfortable with MS Word should
use it.
The idea is great.  I often see people doing stuff like this manually, and
it makes me cringe.
Thanks for the post.

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris