ADSM-L

3583 LTO Users...

2002-04-10 13:02:29
Subject: 3583 LTO Users...
From: Sam Schrage <sam.schrage AT TRW DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:58:04 -0500
I have a 3583 L72.  I use the I/O door option so I only have 60 slots for tapes.
Over the last year the slots have been filling and I can see, not too far in the
future, all the slots will be populated and TSM will begin using the "overflow
area" option.   We have no 2nd/3rd shift operators, and I do most of the TSM
'work' at night.

I currently have reclamation set to 65%.   I question some of the policy
retention numbers. but may not be able to do anything with them immediately.
What reclamation percentage seems reasonable here?...dropping to 55%-60%.
Change policy retention values would help some.

We migrated from a 3494 with lots of tapes to a small LTO.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sam Schrage
TRW Systems
615-360-4716