ADSM-L

Re: domain ?

2002-04-03 14:50:08
Subject: Re: domain ?
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:10:56 -0500
I recommend using one domain where possible.  I've seen sites that have gone
crazy with domains, making them hard to manage.

I think it's NOT useful to have a OS-specific domains, like one for NT and a
domain for AIX, though I see this done a lot.

It may be useful to have domains for different parts of the business, if you
need to give someone else limited TSM access rights to those nodes.

Another reason for breaking your site up into domains is that some nodes
need different policies than other nodes.   But consider: some FILES on node
X need different policies than other FILES on the same node X.  Use client
option sets or the dsm.opt files to set up these policies (either at the
node level, the file level, or both), not domains.

IMHO, anyway.

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris
CEO, Servergraph