ADSM-L

Re: Library does not perform barcode check during audit

2002-03-20 20:10:42
Subject: Re: Library does not perform barcode check during audit
From: Michael Benjamin <MBenjamin AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:08:01 +0800
Thanks, I thought that was the case.

My problem with this idea is if the library is ever physically opened and a
tape removed/swapped. Then
the memory in the unit no longer matches reality.

We have had cases of inconsistency between the database and what a tapeutil
-f /dev/smc0 inv  reports,
this is obviously a serious situation. It seemed particularly prevalent on
this is obviously a serious situation. It seemed particularly prevalent on
our 3575 unit.