ADSM-L

Backing up NT server with print queues

2002-03-19 13:31:17
Subject: Backing up NT server with print queues
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:28:50 -0500
We have a client with the following configuration:

2 NT servers running in a cluster. These servers are for the entire
enterprise's printer definitions. The run this in a cluster for fail-over
capability, so the users can still print even if a server goes down.

They want to be able to backup and recover this print server with TSM.Since
I don't believe that there is any disk cluster resources, I would think that
if we were to just run the B/A client on each server in the cluster and back
it up, they would be able to re-create this environment in the event of a
total site disaster.

Anyone have ANY suggestions of how to back and/or recover in this scenerio?

TIA,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.