ADSM-L

Re: Backing up NT server with print queues

2002-03-19 17:14:25
Subject: Re: Backing up NT server with print queues
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:12:00 -0500
You need to have bascially 3 installs on a cluster. One for each LOCAL node (to
get local drives and system objects - registry) and one for the cluster name
(clusternode=yes in dsm.opt file)

xyz Cluster - dsm.opt - located on both nodes (depends which one is active) and
it has clusternode=yes in dsm.opt file.

node 1 and 2 - dsmlocal.opt - no metion of cluster, therefore will backup all
local drives and registry

Create 2 backup schedules - one for dsmlocal.opt (local backups) which are set
to automatic start.
                                          - one for dsm.opt (cluster name)
which will be set to manual start

In cluster Admin, create a group for the dsm.opt service (ex; TSM Backup
Schedule for Cluster) and set all nodes to be able to start it. (Make sure you
create a seperate group in the Cluster Admin!!! - so if something goes wrong
just with the Tivoli services it will not fail over the whole machine)

So what you will see on the TSM server is:

Node1
Node2
Cluster name for node1 and node2
(3 schedules for 2 boxes)

If you have any more questions email me.

Joe Cascanette