ADSM-L

Re: Full backups

2002-03-05 15:13:36
Subject: Re: Full backups
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:02:11 -0500
Well, you can change the copy mode to absolute, which we did for one mangement
class. This effectively ( or should ) make this the equivalent of a selective
backup, excluding nothing....it is the mode of archives. Then you could change
it back to copy mode modified the next day.

However, when we tried this for one directory on a Novell client, the 1st time
it backed up everything, but the 2nd a much smaller number, as though it
followed the rules for modified after the initial backup.

>>> j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT 03/05/02 02:41PM >>>
Your management confronts you with a required solution (full backup)
and wants you to implement it,
but the problem / business case
the solution shall solve is unknown.

So neither you nor we are able to check
what implementation will fix the problem.

regards
Juraj Salak