ADSM-L

LAN Free backups

2002-03-05 14:56:13
Subject: LAN Free backups
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:53:45 -0500
I am having some problems with the LAN Free backups. Server is 4.2.1.12
(Windows 2000), client is 4.2.1.20, SAN client is installed and I guess setup.
I see the node in question connecting to the TSM Server (under q ses I can see
the node and its session type is server). When I launch the client it does not
give me a "LANFree path failed. Using LAN Path" anymore. I have mapped all the
drives to this server to use.

Is there something missing?. When the backups start no tape is loaded, it goes
to the storage pool (unless it is over 500Megs which goes directly to tape).
This is also causing a problem when I try to restore to the original location
for this SAN attached server - File is unavailable to the server. So I need to
launch the client (login as this node) on another machine and save the files to
a different location.

TSM server is connected to the library via fibre switch. All nodes for LAN free
backups are connected to this fibre switch and are able to see all the drives
in the TSM admin GUI. The service "TSM StorageAgent1" is created and is running.

Thanks for any help

Joe