ADSM-L

Restore Database with a 3494 library

2002-02-21 04:13:16
Subject: Restore Database with a 3494 library
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:11:27 +0000
Hi TSMers

Running TSM 3.7.3.8 on Solaris 2.7 attached to two 3590 drives housed in a
3494 automated library.

This is not something I am having to do at the moment, but something that I
want to get clear in case the need arrises. Let's assume the database is
corrupt and I cannot sign on to the TSM server. I need to issue the dsmc
restore db from the command line.

Baring in mind the device configuration below, what is the correct syntax I
should use? Also, what does the commit=yes/no option mean? The reason I
ask, is that I'm not sure If I need to manually change the state of the
drive to manual or something before issuing the command.

This may be a bit vague, and if so please let me know any other information
you require.

Thanks ever so much in advance.

Kind Regards

Farren Minns
Trainne Solaris System and TSM admin - John Wiley & Sons

/* Device Configuration */
DEFINE DEVCLASS 3590CLASS1 DEVTYPE=3590 FORMAT=DRIVE MOUNTLIMIT=DRIVES
MOUNTWAIT=60 MOUNTRETENTION=2 PREFIX=ADSM LIBRARY=3494A
SET SERVERNAME SERVER1
DEFINE LIBRARY 3494A LIBTYPE=349X DEVICE=3494a PRIVATECATEGORY=300
SCRATCHCATEGORY=301
DEFINE DRIVE 3494A DRIVE1 DEVICE=/dev/rmt/3stc ONLINE=Yes
DEFINE DRIVE 3494A DRIVE2 DEVICE=/dev/rmt/5stc ONLINE=Yes