ADSM-L

Re: I surrender ? : HOW CAN I GET THE TSM SUPPORT ?

2002-01-21 14:15:53
Subject: Re: I surrender ? : HOW CAN I GET THE TSM SUPPORT ?
From: Thorhallur Sverrisson <thorhs AT DEMON.NYHERJI DOT IS>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:13:22 +0000
Hi Michel/list,

A former employee here wrote a small program that read the
tapes directly.  It had some shortcomings and tweeking
(depending on NT or AIX).  This is a program that was run
on an AIX box.  Not sure if it will compile on any other
OS.  It made no distinction of old/delted files and active.
If I can remember correctly you supplied it with the node name,
filespace and a file mask which you wanted to restore.  It was
slow, bulky and irritating to use, but has saved quite a few
customers who are too cheep to buy a library/autoloader.

If this is something that interests you, mail me and I'll start
digging through the 'misc' folder he had.  It's written in C and
was used on 3.x (mainly ADSM), but I think it will work on newer
ones as well.

Good luck with your restore.

Thorhallur Sverrisson, thorhs AT demon.nyherji DOT is