ADSM-L

Re: Please HELP! Restore DB without DBBACKUP tape.

2002-01-21 11:24:13
Subject: Re: Please HELP! Restore DB without DBBACKUP tape.
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:21:44 -0500
Michael,

To the best of my knowledge, you MUST have a valid DB backup tape to
recover.  AFAIK, it is not possible to read storagepool media without an
intact database.

If your DB is not intact, and your DB backup tapes are no good, I would
recommend that you call TSM support to see if they can help you.

Good luck!

-Lloyd
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 07:19:35 -0800