ADSM-L

Re: Which conference do you recommend?

2001-12-17 14:07:11
Subject: Re: Which conference do you recommend?
From: "Davidson, Becky" <Becky.Davidson AT SLBG DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:03:47 -0600
Last year I went to Share and the Storage Symposium.  For me at least the
Storage Symposium was of more use.  Alot of the Share stuff (I went to the
UserBlue segment) focused on operating system and performance things which
are not things that I focus on.  My job is storage on midrange which is
everything from tsm to maintaining our san and sharks.  At the Storage
Symposium the presentations are storage and backups.  The other gain is that
you can talk to people that spend alot of time working on storage which for
me was a great help.  As for the tsm db sessions.  For me at least the
information was in way too much detail.  When they talk about everything you
wanted to know it is details like how tables are put together.  I am trying
to figure out whether to do the storage symposium or the storage networking
conference later in the year.  Good luck
Becky