ADSM-L

Re: Which conference do you recommend?

2001-12-17 14:14:54
Subject: Re: Which conference do you recommend?
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:11:15 -0500
On 17 Dec 2001 at 10:51, Kai Hintze wrote, in part:
> Looking at next year's education budget. My boss says he will send me to
> one (and only one) conference. The two leading contenders at this time
> are SHARE (March in Nashville) and the Storage Symposium (August in Salt
> Lake City).

I've not been to the latter, but can attest that the SHARE meetings can
be wonderful experiences, with plenty of chance for high-quality
sessions and personal experiences with developers and other
participants.

A quick look at (1-hour) sessions shows about 26 directly applicable to
TSM, with a few more tangentially interesting.  Two of these are
requirements sessions where you can have input on the bugs and new
features that might someday become part of the product(s).

SHARE is not known for its Unix side, but there are some sessions ...
take a look at the preliminary agenda at http://www.share.org/ .

> Also, does anyone know where I can get information from the two sessions
> titled "Everything you always wanted to know about TSM Database, parts 1
> and 2" in last years Storage Symposium?

The "Member's Only" portion of www.share.org have year-old proceedings
entries for a couple of sessions that are entitled similarly (parts I
only).

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System