ADSM-L

Re: Point system has me very confused

2001-12-09 16:15:51
Subject: Re: Point system has me very confused
From: "Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:13:03 -0500
Actually, I find it straight forward.  It is approximately $31 list per
point.  Each product has a different set of points assigned at a specific
tier level but there are only three tiers based on my last contract.

Desktop is not in the tier system for Windows at least it is a 4 point
device.

Tier 1  Intel 32 bit up to and including 4 processors (not workstations,
servers)
Tier 2  Intel 32 bit over 4 processors, Itanium 1 up to and including 23
processors
Tier 2  RISC 1 - 23 processors
Tier 3  HP V-Class 14 and up processors
Tier 3  RISC 24 and up processors

So a simple table will calculate everything.  Do not know where you got the
8 processors as the break point unless that is a recent change.