ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: ANR9999D with a strange message

2001-11-13 17:25:20
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: ANR9999D with a strange message
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:04:33 -0500
Have you done 'audit volume fix=yes'?  If these errors occur
during offsite reclaim, then the problem is on the primary tapes.

I have had problems like this a long time ago, nothing recent (knock on wood).
I would do a move data on the primary volume until it quit with
the error, then audit the volume, fix=yes, then do move data again
until only bad files were on the tape, then do a restore volume.

I never, ever had to do a discarddata on a primary volume, restore
volume has always worked.

--