ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: ANR9999D with a strange message

2001-11-14 18:43:18
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: ANR9999D with a strange message
From: "BURDEN,Anthony" <Anthony.BURDEN AT DEWRSB.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:40:36 +1100
I have been sort of following this thread,

This is not a very technical description, and my understanding of your
problem.

A: you restored your DB.
B: you audited your on-site tapes with the fix option
C: you try to reclaim the off-site tapes and you get "magic numbers"

What I have seen on my site is that once I have restored the DB to a
point in time some of the data held in the stgpools; both disk and tape
is unknown to TSM. You receive a magic number on a tape when TSM runs
across this data either reading or writing, you are correct in saying an
audit/fix on the tape should solve this issue, but it does sound like
the next option for you to try is an audit/fix on the database.
Depending on the size it should be completed in 24hrs.

Also you mention that this is happening when you try to reclaim the
copypool tapes, what is happening when you reclaim or move tapepool
tapes.

Also when you try to restore a volume, have you looked at restoring the
stgpool with the view only option to see what that thinks of your
current state.

I never have the time to run audit/fix on my tapes pools, I have to many
tapes, so normally I run it on the tapes as the error appears.

Anyway not much help I know. My servers are TSM 4.1.4.1 on NT2000 and
NT4.0 using STK9710 silo's.

Anthony.