ADSM-L

server is running, but cannot make any connections to it

2001-10-30 09:49:55
Subject: server is running, but cannot make any connections to it
From: Charles Anderson <ceanderson AT DIS.UMSMED DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:46:51 -0600
Folks,

I have much bad problem.. We're running tsm server 4.1.4 on solaris 2.6.  The
dsmserv process is still running, but I can't make any client ( administrative
or backup ) connections to it.  I'm about to call support, but I was wondering
if anyone on the list was perhaps awake already and had some experienced
suggestions as to a relatively painless path to take to recover from this.

Thanks,
ed

Ed Anderson
Backup / Unix Systems Administrator
Dept. of Information Systems
University of Mississippi Medical Center

The information in this email is considered
confidential information. In the event that
you received this email by misdelivery/accident
please delete it and disregard its contents.