ADSM-L

TDP for SAP R/3 Disaster Recovery

2001-09-21 11:40:08
Subject: TDP for SAP R/3 Disaster Recovery
From: "Davidson, Becky" <Becky.Davidson AT EGR DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:40:45 -0500
Has anyone ever successfully did a disaster recovery drill using TDP for SAP
R/3?

We are currently trying and I have all of the TSM stuff up and when I got
into SAPDBA and try to restore the SAP/oracle control files it fails with an
error that it can't find the temporary file.  I am sure we must be missing
something but I don't know what and my pmr is moving slowly up to level 2
but I need some sort of answer today.  If we can't find an answer then we
need to do a cold backup of our production environment Sunday night so that
we can return the test system to the developers in a week.  Any thoughts?

Thanks
Becky Davidson
Data Manager/AIX Administrator
EDS/Sara Lee Bakery Group