ADSM-L

Directory to restore not visible from GUI

2001-08-21 13:54:43
Subject: Directory to restore not visible from GUI
From: Gilles Danan <gdanan AT BACKUPAVENUE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:40:07 +0200
We have a NT 4.0 client with TSM v 4.1.2.12 who cannot restore a particular
directory from the GUI.
The directory is not even visible from the tree, whereas other directories
placed at the same level are visible and can be restored normally.
What is strange is that files and subdirs within this directory have been
backed up (we see activity and entries in the DB) and we can see files and
subdirs using the command line (query backup command).

Can this be due to illegal characters in the directory name, so that it is not
recognized by the GUI.

Server is AIX with TSM 4.1

Thanks in advance.

Gilles Danan