ADSM-L

Re: TCP Failair on SQL TDP.

2001-08-16 10:37:19
Subject: Re: TCP Failair on SQL TDP.
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:37:48 -0400
> When I am backing up a small database lets say 3GB, the backup completes
> successfuly.
> When I am baking up the 40 GB database the backup fails with the
> Following message :
>
> Is there any problem backing up a big SQL databases?
> Do I need to increases the TCP Buffers, TCP Buffers size, SQL Buffers or
> SQL buffer size.

Ofer,

This should work.  There are no known problems with
TDP for SQL 2.2 that should prevent this.
Large database backups and restores were performed
prior to its release.  I suspect that the
problem may have something to do with TCP/IP.

You will probably need to look at the TSM Server
console to find out why it thinks the connection
was severed.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler