ADSM-L

Re: Tape volume list ?

2001-07-26 05:42:34
Subject: Re: Tape volume list ?
From: Stan Vernaillen <stvernaillen AT GE.COKECCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:35:14 +0200
Hi again Matthew ;)

The thing is that i'm not interested in the Storage pool volumes or volumes
in the library,...
I want to know ALL volumes.
Also the DB backups, the scratch tapes in the desk of the Media team, ...
Basicly every tape that has ever been labeled on that server.

How else do you know what label to give to a new tape ?
I know I've labeled tape ec0001 through eC0100, but if a colleague wants to
label ten more, how does he know they have to be ec0101 to ec0110 if q
vol,.. shows the highest volume in use, or the library to be ec0071 ?

Is there a way to do that ?

Stan

Matthew Large <matthew.large AT PHOENIXSM DOT COM> on 25/07/2001 15:02:11