ADSM-L

Re: Tape volume list ?

2001-07-25 09:25:33
Subject: Re: Tape volume list ?
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:25:55 -0400
Can't do it with a single command.  TSM's volume management is spread
across several tables.  Try these:

q vol f=d
q libvol <libname> f=d
q media f=d
q drmedia f=d (if you are using DRM)
q volhist f=d

There will be many overlaps... for example, private volumes in the library
will normally be in the volumes, libvolumes, and media tables.  Scratch
volumes in the library will only be in the libvolumes table (unless they
were used in the past, then they may be in the volhistory table).  I have a
perl script that creates a html table containing all of this info, if
anyone is interested.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Laboratories

                    Richard Sims
                    <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
                                  To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    07/25/01      cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                    09:02 AM      Subject:
                    Please               Re: Tape volume list ?
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

>Does anyone know of a way to have a list of all tape volumes known to the
>server?
>
>I mean not only the tape volumes in the library , but also the ones stored
>offsite, on the scratch rack,...

Stan - You may find  Query MEDia STGpool=* [Format=Detailed]
       to be of use.

  Richard Sims, BU