ADSM-L

Re: TSM tapes out of Sync with Library manager

2001-07-23 11:14:35
Subject: Re: TSM tapes out of Sync with Library manager
From: "<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:14:45 -0400
Can anyone help me with how to decipher the output of the mtlib -l
/dev/lmcp0 -qI command or point me to where I can find the doc on its
detail.

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
07/23/2001
09:48:41 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Subject:  Re: TSM tapes out of Sink with Library manager

>It appears that the library manager database is out of sync.

James,

I have run into a similar situation with my 3494 in that TSM says a tape is
in the vault, offsite, and it's actually still in the library. The command
that others have given you, mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qI, shows the tape as
FF00.
But if I try to check it in it says it's not in the library. Yet I can go
the library and query for that tape and sure enough it's there. If I try
and
remove it with TSM it also says it's not there.

Does anyone know how to remove a tape from the library by using the console
that's attached? I haven't seen anything but that doesn't mean it can't be
done.

I wish I knew why this keeps happening......All I need is a disaster in the
computer room with some offsite tapes still in the library.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC