ADSM-L

Solaris 2.6 bad performance with TSM

2001-07-03 17:28:29
Subject: Solaris 2.6 bad performance with TSM
From: Bonnie OShea <BOShea AT HUNTOIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:16:42 -0500
We are running TSM 4.1.2 server on an enterprise E4500 server with Solaris
2.6. Our performance is terrible, and we have tried all of the TCP tuning
and still nothing. What happens is this: When a backup is first kicked off,
the speed is great, anywhere from 86 to 12 MB per second. Within 3 minutes ,
it drops to about 4-5 MB/sec, then keeps dropping over time until it settles
in about 500K/sec.  Then if you stop the backup, and start it again, it
starts up at 500Kb/sec. If you stop the backup and wait about 3 hours and
start it, it starts up really fast again, then slows down. We are puzzled
and frustrated and so far neither Sun nor Tivoli has been able to help us.
Anyone?

Bonnie O'Shea
Manager, Information technology
Hunt Oil Company of Canada Ltd