ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 2.6 bad performance with TSM

2001-07-05 13:18:39
Subject: Re: Solaris 2.6 bad performance with TSM
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:15:24 -0400
>We are running TSM 4.1.2 server on an enterprise E4500 server with Solaris
>2.6. Our performance is terrible...

Bonnie - Our AIX system is an NFS server to various client system types,
         including Solaris.  NFS performance with AIX was just dandy;
but Solaris users complained of poor performance, which we verified.
Our Solaris people looked into it and eventually found that the TCP/IP
software on their systems needed patches to fix performance problems.
This may underlie what you are experiencing.

  Richard Sims, BU