ADSM-L

Removing tapes for tape library move

2001-06-29 13:21:39
Subject: Removing tapes for tape library move
From: Scott Foley <sfoley AT NETDOCUMENTS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:22:41 -0600
In a few weeks we will be moving an HP DLT8000 tape library.  I want to take
all of the tapes out for the move (205 of them).  I assume that I can simply
turn the system off and take the tapes out as long as I put them back into
the same place, but I don't want to keep track of the location of the tapes.
Can I simply run "audit library" when I put them back in?  Is there a
command that I should run before shutting the system down?  Is it better to
eject them all into the CAP (holds 20) using TSM and then read them in again
from the CAP?

HP-UX 11.0
TSM 3.7 R3.8
HP Surestore E DLT 8000 Library