ADSM-L

Upgrading space management client

2001-04-30 11:14:46
Subject: Upgrading space management client
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:15:06 -0400
We have an AIX system with 3.1.7.2 client code, including space
management. We would like to upgrade the client code, probably to 4.1.2.
It is presumably not a good idea to have the client code running while
the upgrade is in progress. All I have to do to get the backup/archive
client code out of service is to kill the scheduler process. I am not
sure what I have to do to get the space management code out of service.
The various README files distributed with 4.1.2 seem to be silent on
this point. The manual for the space management client explains how to
globally deactivate space management, but does not tell me whether
doing so terminates all processes connected with space management or
just tells the processes not to accept requests for service. Can anyone
enlighten me on this point?