ADSM-L

Re: Portable Barcode Scanner for 3590?

2001-03-08 09:45:37
Subject: Re: Portable Barcode Scanner for 3590?
From: Palmadesso Jack <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:39:16 -0500
I am not sure if this is the right place to do this but I'll do it anyway.

Every once in a while some NT admin clobbers permissions of the root of some
gigantic directory.  What they always end up asking me is "Can I restore
just the ACLs of the affected directories instead of the entire structure?"
My answer is always no you have to restore everthing or you have to change
it all back manually.  Niether of these answers pleases them much.
Obviously its thier fault so its just their tough luck but I think that this
would be a great addition to the product.  Are there any plans to do so?

Or am I completely wrong and there is a way to restore individual acls?  In
that case I'll go back into my corner and be quiet.

Thanks

Jack