ADSM-L

Portable Barcode Scanner for 3590?

2001-03-08 09:22:06
Subject: Portable Barcode Scanner for 3590?
From: "Shawn M. Drew" <hedron20 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 06:07:38 -0800
I just had an unpleasant job of performing an
inventory of our offsite storage.  The barcode scanner
I borrowed for the job could not read our barcode
labels, so we 10-keyed 5000+tapes in a 12hour stretch
(2 people)

I remember vaguely reading something about this a
while ago on this list, but can't find it anymore.

Basically I need to find a model of Barcode reader
that can read the labels of our 3590 Tri-optic,
"vibrant" labeled tapes.

I looked all over the place and found references that
this is a code 39 type label, but our code 39 scanner
could not scan it.  I found later that there is
another spec called "code 39 tri-optic" which I
figured was the answer, but after sending a sample of
our labels to Symbol ( http://www.symbol.com/ ), they
said they have no barcode readers to handle this.

Can someone tell me a model that will work?

shawndo