ADSM-L

Re: dsmc daemon

2001-02-15 02:40:27
Subject: Re: dsmc daemon
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 02:40:27 -0500
of course you tried to run it in the foreground without redirecting the
stderr to null ?
and checked the dsmerror.log and sched.log files ?
this may happen if there is a password problem, or if the node is not
registered in adsm's schedules

hth

A 13:03 14/02/2001 -0600, vous avez écrit :
>I recently installed the tivoli adsm product on an HP 9000, running O/S
>version 11.00.  I kick off the scheduler daemon using nohup <full_path>/dsmc
>-sched -pass=**** 2> /dev/null &
> The daemon starts, runs for a few seconds and then ends; no errors
>displayed, no entries in the syslog.
>  Anyone else experience this sort of thing and, if so, how did you rectify
>it?
>TIA
>
>Bill Evans, UNIX/WinNT System Administrator
>Phone: 719.535.4194
>E-mail: William.evans AT eds DOT com
>AIM: bievans4194
>
> <<...OLE_Obj...>>
>         ....the recognized global leader in ensuring clients achieve
>superior value in the digital economy

Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE