ADSM-L

Re: Windows 2000 Redirected Restore

2001-01-04 07:59:26
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 Redirected Restore
From: "Collins, Brenda" <Brenda.Collins AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:00:02 -0600
Thanks Keith and Mike for the information.

We were trying to restore to a new server with the original still on-line,
thinking that then we could just re-boot, re-name the new server and then
bring it back on-line as the original.  I guess we can basically do the same
thing except that we will still have to restore the registry when we bring
it back on-line with the orignal server name and then re-boot a second time.
We will have to test it out this way and see what happens.

Brenda