ADSM-L

Re: weird backup

2000-12-18 10:55:48
Subject: Re: weird backup
From: Toni Banire <Toni_T_Banire AT SBPHRD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:54:58 +0000
Thanks to all those who replied. I am now using TSM4.1 to run these test
backups. Each backup is taking around 1hr longer than the previous backup. I
noticed that the files are being marked as inactive when I run the next sel
backup so I assume this is the reason for the extra hrs delay on the backup
time.

Next question -  is there any function to tune on the TSM server to make the
setting of filesin the TSM database to inactive to run faster, thus speeding up
the backup

TIA

Toni