ADSM-L

Re: weird backup

2000-12-18 11:45:01
Subject: Re: weird backup
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:45:14 -0500
>Thanks to all those who replied. I am now using TSM4.1 to run these test
>backups. Each backup is taking around 1hr longer than the previous backup. I
>noticed that the files are being marked as inactive when I run the next sel
>backup so I assume this is the reason for the extra hrs delay on the backup
>time.
>
>Next question -  is there any function to tune on the TSM server to make the
>setting of filesin the TSM database to inactive to run faster, thus speeding up
>the backup

Toni - Some suggestions regarding that were supplied in the December 15th
       replies to your question.  See also the Admin Guide manual discussion
of Optimizing the Performance of the Database or Recovery Log.  In
http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts see the "Server performance" topic,
and other performance items (search on "performance").
   Richard Sims, BU