ADSM-L

Return codes from TSM 3.7.2 clients

2000-12-15 14:07:48
Subject: Return codes from TSM 3.7.2 clients
From: "Korpi, Don" <KorpiDon AT BFUSA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:53:16 -0500
Hello all,
We have a desire to move the scheduling of some of our TSM backups out of
the TSM scheduler,  and instead launch them via a scheduling package (Tivoli
Maestro).  I found several threads in the archives refering to the return
code of "dsmc" not being a reliable mechanism to use to confirm a successful
backup,  but these threads were dated.  I then talked to Tivoli support,
and they say the client return codes are now reliable.  Does anyone know of
any caveats I need to be aware of related to launching backups via an
external scheduler?

Thanks in advance,
Don