ADSM-L

Re: NIC Question

2000-11-20 11:03:06
Subject: Re: NIC Question
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:58:10 -0800
Terry,

I'm not sure what the answer is, our network folks have found the same
problems. My only recourse has been to use a gigabit card for the primary
NIC where most traffic and nodes are. We've also had to make sure computers
on other networks are connected to a nic on the ADSM server with an IP on
that network, that should be SOP though.

Here is what I was told by the IBM guy who set us up:
**This is a function of TCPIP and the "Default Route". I mentioned this
when I was out last time, since the network cards are on the same subnet,
all TCP reponse traffic will go out on the Default Route which is the .111
adapter. The only way to truly fix this is to put the other adapters on a
different subnet.**

The network people here have tried to manually enter information on the
switch side so it remembers the MAC address of each nic but unfortunetly
this has not worked either. I don't know if there are others on the list who
might also have seen this problem and have solved it. All I know is every
time there is a network glitch they want to blame it on ADSM.

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
Computer Systems Group