ADSM-L

Re: Deleted files

2000-07-14 14:58:05
Subject: Re: Deleted files
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:58:05 -0500
OUCH !    #1 thing would be to "UPD NODE * ARCHDEL=NO" and see who calls and
says "I can't delete my archives!"
If it is individual files, it is the end user... from an admin you can only
delete entire storage volumes, entire archive data on a file system level,
but not selected files here & there...
Remember, the owner of an archive is the ID that performed the archive...
only that id can see the archive and only that id could delete it.... (root
is a special case and can see all and do all, under a unix environment)

I just did a test case where I deleted an archive... the only thing that
showed up on the server was
session started
session ended
accounting record looks like
3,0,ADSM,07/14/2000,13:44:54,TTCSTG02,zdec23,AIX,1,Tcp/Ip,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,
3,16,16,0,0,4,0,0,0,0,7,2
only shows misc data... might be able to look for records with no archive,
retrieve, backup, or restore traffic
but that would also include people just doing queries...

Dwight