ADSM-L

Server Crashed: pkthread.c

2000-07-13 07:25:14
Subject: Server Crashed: pkthread.c
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:25:14 -0400
Hi all...

We were in the process of doing a site archive yesterday when the ADSM
server crashed (3.1.2.40 on AIX 4.3.2, RS/6000-H70)  It came back up w/o a
problem, and there is more than 2GB of db space free.  The log never got
past 30% full.  Below is the only error message I could find.  Anyone have
any idea what this is?  The 'Messages' manual wasn't very helpful... TIA!

ANR9999D pkthread.c(492): Run-time assertion failed: "bufP != NULL", Thread
152, File buf.c, Line 745.
ANR7838S Server operation terminated.
ANR7837S Internal error BUF006 detected.
  0x10006BF0 pkLogicAbort
  0x100493B8 bufUnlatch
  0x10056F74 tbFetchNext
  0x1036EBAC IsArchDirReferenced
  0x1036FD9C ExpirationQualifies
  0x10371754 ExpirationProcess
  0x10372648 ImDoExpiration
  0x10005F14 StartThread
  0xD0228D8C _pthread_body

-
Best regards,
Best regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                         Systems and Network Engineer |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-6723/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                 www.clarkson.edu/cis |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu