ADSM-L

Point In Time restore errors on Solaris

2000-07-07 00:31:47
Subject: Point In Time restore errors on Solaris
From: Gavin Ring <Gavin.Ring AT ALCATEL.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:31:47 +1000
Hello all

I'm getting errors doing a PIT restore on a Solaris 2.6 machine with the 3.1.0.8
client.

When I issue the following as root.....

dsmc rest -su=yes -pitd=<entered mm/dd/yy> -pitt=<entered hh:mm:ss> "/etc/*"
/<directory name>/

The restore does not restore 'hardlinks'...as reported in the dsmerror.log
file...

I would appreciate it if list participants with a solaris system could try this
command and let me know if it works on your system.

Regards

Gavin

                   Email Confidentiality
                   Email Confidentiality

This email may contain privileged/confidential information.
You may not copy or disclose this message to anyone without
the written permission of Alcatel.  If you have received
this email in error please kindly delete this message and
notify the sender.  Opinions expressed in this message are
those of the sender and not necessarily the opinions of
Alcatel.