ADSM-L

Re: Point In Time restore errors on Solaris

2000-07-07 08:03:17
Subject: Re: Point In Time restore errors on Solaris
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:03:17 -0400
>I'm getting errors doing a PIT restore on a Solaris 2.6 machine with the
>3.1.0.8
>client.
>
>When I issue the following as root.....
>
>dsmc rest -su=yes -pitd=<entered mm/dd/yy> -pitt=<entered hh:mm:ss> "/etc/*"
>/<directory name>/
>
>The restore does not restore 'hardlinks'...as reported in the dsmerror.log
>file...

Please, everyone, when requesting help with error conditions, please post
the error messages so that the collective experience among the membership
can better assist you.

In this problem, I see no APARs which address this situation.  Seeing the
the error messages, might give us a better sense of what the problem
might be.  Could it be the situation as described in the B/A Client manual
where at the time of backup the name pair was hard linked, but at the time
of restoral the hard link had been broken such that one of the two is now
a file unto itself?

    Richard Sims, BU