ADSM-L

ADSM Connect Agent for Lotus Notes on Windows NT

2000-04-11 10:15:21
Subject: ADSM Connect Agent for Lotus Notes on Windows NT
From: Bill Sherrill <billsh AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:15:21 -0400
     I am having problems with backing up one Lotus Notes server out of
about twenty.  The client is ADSM at 3.1.0.7.  All of the servers appear to
be the same as far as level of Lotus Notes and NT.  I only seem to have
trouble with files under the \notes\data\mail directory.  I am having two
problems.  With the scheduled backup the backup gets to a particular file
and then sits there and the event reports a failure.  I look at the NT box
and the dsmnotes process is still active.  If I kill the process then the
backup shows as complete.  I then ran a manual backup of the directory to
try to determine the problem.  I discovered that certain mail files will
hang.  I go in and kill the process and run it again and get a message that
the file is being copied or replicated.  I then ran a backups of the
individual files.  I noticed that once I get past the hang problem the next
time it gets the message or goes ahead and backs up.  The next day the
problem may reoccur or not.  The other problem is I am getting a Dr. Watson
error occasionally on individual files and then the next time I run a
backup on the file it works.  None of the other Notes servers exhibit this
problem.  If they hit a file that is being replicated they note that and go
on.  Does anyone have any ideas?   We have reinstalled the client code and
continue to have these problems.

Thanks,
Bill Sherrill
Analyst International Corp.