ADSM-L

Changing Destination from TAPEPOOL to DISKPOOL

2000-04-11 10:41:00
Subject: Changing Destination from TAPEPOOL to DISKPOOL
From: Kelli Jones <JONESK AT CO.CHESTERFIELD.VA DOT US>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:41:00 -0400
Question...a new NT server running oracle was recently added.  In error, I set
the destination as 'TAPEPOOL' initially and then changed it to 'DISKPOOL'.  It
appears that the backup is continuing to attempt to go to TAPEPOOL which causes
a problem for the backup of storage pool TAPEPOOL to COPYPOOL.  It appears that
the session for the NT server (which is hung when I come in 8 hours after it
starts!) is using a tape required for the backup of TAPEPOOL to COPYPOOL (?).
When I cancel the server session, the storage pool backup kicks off
immediately.   What am I missing?  The active copygroup shows destination as
'DISKPOOL'.   Other backups going to DISKPOOL and starting both before and
after the session begins for the NTserver are completing successfully.

ADSM 3.1.2.50
AIX 4.3.2
3466 C20
3575 L32 (4 Drives)