ADSM-L

Re: ADSM server hang

2000-03-31 04:55:35
Subject: Re: ADSM server hang
From: Valeriano Bassi <Valeriano.Bassi AT SSB DOT IT>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:55:35 +0200
Hi there,
thanks all for your answers.
This morning we had the same problem again but with different symptoms; client
were able to
establish a session with the server only on port 1500. WEB b/a or admin client
were not
able to contact the server. TCP/IP was up and running with no apparent problem
(this is
what TCP/IP guys told me!); the only problem they saw was that ports 1580 was in
a Close/wait
state. After close/reopen of the server, all works fine.

I sent IBM a TCPINFO trace, I'll wait their feedback  ....

Thanks again for your help!
Best regards

Valeriano Bassi          valeriano.bassi AT ssb DOT it

Valeriano,

        Dwight's response hits the nail on the head.  I have a real problem
with this in my shop also.  Whenever TCP/IP is bounced, *SM loses the
connection and will not restart.  I have entered several requests for the
implementation of an IP restart capability in the product, all to no avail
so far.

        Gary L. Ison
        Governor's Office for Technology
        101 Cold Harbor Drive
        Frankfort, Ky.   40601
        Phone:  (502) 564-8724
            Fax:  (502) 564-6856
E-mail: Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us <mailto:Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky
DOT us>