ADSM-L

Re: Export MVS - Import NT Can it be done?

2000-03-01 00:08:23
Subject: Re: Export MVS - Import NT Can it be done?
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:08:23 -0800
I recently did a similiar thing between our VM system running ver 2 and
our 3466/NSM (AIX) running ver 3.0.0.20 and experienced no problems.
I used the FILE designation device for both and FTP'd the file (binary)
from VM to AIX.  As others have mentioned you do have the problem of
exporting the whole thing to one (very large) file area.  The only
help in this is you can export the user's filespaces one at a time.

Also if ou can get MVS-ADSM to cooperate in writing a non-label'd tape
you may have success in reading it in on NT.

Hope this helps.     .... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
P.S>  see you at SHare in ANaheim, March 5-10. If I remember I'll be
wearing my ADSM and VM/380 license plate buttons. (sigh)