ADSM-L

FW: Export MVS - Import NT Can it be done?

2000-03-02 10:19:38
Subject: FW: Export MVS - Import NT Can it be done?
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:19:38 -0600
All,
        I received many comments on my Export question.  I am sending this one
back
it.  It was the one I used and worked very well.  As he statues I used
virtual volumes to export a node from MVS to an NT server.  Then I pointed
the NT server to itself using virtual volumes to import the node.  The
export took a while because we have a poor network connection off of our MVS
box.  The import happened in a second or 2.  It did some restore testing to
make sure that the data was ok and it was.  The red book that Trevor
mentioned helped a lot.

Kyle