ADSM-L

question about TSM licensing

2000-02-24 16:08:49
Subject: question about TSM licensing
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:08:49 -0500
Hi all,

Server: ADSM 3.1.2.40  on AIX 4.3.1.

I am using
COMMmethod TCPIP
COMMmethod HTTP
COMMmethod SHAREDMEM

I thought I needed the network connection license to back up the clients over
tcpip but apparently not.
I am looking into upgrading to TSM 3.7.  Do I need to purchase the Network
Enabler-UNIX option?

adsm> q license

                               Last License Audit: 02/20/00   11:50:02
                          Registered Client Nodes: 46
                            Licensed Client Nodes: 51
                 Are network connections in use ?: No  <-----------
               Are network connections licensed ?: Yes
Are Open Systems Environment clients registered ?: No
  Are Open Systems Environment clients licensed ?: No
                     Is space management in use ?: Yes
                   Is space management licensed ?: Yes
            Is disaster recovery manager in use ?: No
          Is disaster recovery manager licensed ?: No
  Are Enterprise Administration services in use ?: No
Are Enterprise Administration services licensed ?: No
    Are Server-to-Server Virtual Volumes in use ?: No
  Are Server-to-Server Virtual Volumes licensed ?: No
             Is Advanced Device Support required?: Yes
            Is Advanced Device Support licensed ?: Yes
                        Server License Compliance: Valid

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                email : eliza.lau AT vt DOT edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                           phone : (540) 231-9399